Friday, January 1, 2010

new year's day 01.01.10 the plan


Star light, star bright I wish I may I wish I might have the wish I wish tonight...
I wish I was thin and pretty...
Do dreams that you dare to dream
really
come
true?
 *
For as long as I can remember, every time I saw the first star appear in the sky, that was my wish.
Well, I've passed my 50th birthday, and I'm about as far from thin as I've ever been.
But I am not without hope that there's still time for me to live the life I've always wanted.
I know that it's going to take more than hoping and wishing to make my dreams come true.
It'll take WORK.preparation.motivation.determination.and PRAYER.
There's been a sense of my life being on hold waiting to lose weight and then I'll begin to live.
 I don't want my life to end without having realized my dreams. 
So, starting today, I will begin reading THIS YEAR I WILL...HOW TO FINALLY CHANGE A HABIT, by M.J.Ryan,
KEEP A RESOLUTION, OR MAKE A DREAM COME TRUE...
and blog what I glean to be the main idea of each chapter.
This isn't the only change I hope to achieve in this new year.
I think the excesses in my home are reflective of what's going on in my head.  I pray that this blog will help me to sort out what's really going on and get a handle on other areas of my life as well.
I'll find my audio tape of Does This Clutter Make my Butt Look Fat? to listen to on  my commute to work. And I'll read It's All Too Much both by Peter Walsh.
So, the plan for now is:
Read at least one chapter each day of
This Year I Will...
 It's All Too Much
and listen to,
Does This Clutter Make my Butt Look Fat?
during my commute.
Cut back on fats and add foods with greater nutritional value.
Take Alli before meals,
and take time to
read my Bible
and
PRAY.
If you'd like to join me on this journey,
click on FOLLOW
and maybe we can
encourage
each
other.
In the first chapter of This Year I Will... Ryan reports that
"approximately 45% of us make New Year's resolutions, but only 8% succeed."
Here's to being part of the 8% for 2010!

Happy New Year!

We have only this moment, sparkling like a star in our hand...and melting like a snowflake. 
Let us use it before it's too late.
~Marie Beynon






2 comments:

  1. Found your other blog yesterday and this one today. I love that you have made your goals and will stick to them. I'll check back and watch how far you have come with your goals. I believe you will reach them! So, on to a new year and all the good things it has ready for you...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, how this post made me teary-eyed and spoke SO very much to my heart! I, too, feel like I've always fought the battle of the bulge...it's something that weighs so heavily on your heart, and so frequently is the reason why you don't do the things your heart truly feels it needs to do. That feeling is so exhausting.

    And, your sentiment about your home reflecting your mind rings so very true with me, too. So happy we found each other in Blogland...I feel as though you might be a blogging soul sister as just in one post I'm left teary-eyed, yet warm hearted :)

    Here's to 2010, dear new blogging friend :) May it be one filled with only the very, very best changes :)

    P.S. I'm totally on Alli too. I love it. Do you?

    ReplyDelete